Hello. I am Old.

Sooooo...this week I turned 30. If I live to a typical life expectancy, my life is anywhere from 1/2 to 1/3 over. I've never been huge on my birthday. I've truly believed that age is just a number. And that number can put undue pressure on people to act a certain way.

"Act your age."

How am I supposed to act my age if I've never been this age before?

However, I do look on birthdays or anniversaries as benchmarks; a way to compare myself year over year. And in this case, decade over decade. My 20's were a mixed-bag. Many amazing things happened, but many painful and challenging things happened as well.

Not that I don't think that bad and challenging things won't happen in my 30's. I started out my 20's really having no concept of myself and who I am. It took the full duration of my 20's to really become comfortable with myself and accept myself for exactly who I am. And that process is still unfolding.

I am not afraid turning 30. If anything, I am hopeful. I never would have envisioned myself at the age of 30 starting a photography business (and actually starting to succeed).

Having gotten to a certain level of comfortability with myself, I am confident that any challenge that comes my way I can surmount with the help of the people around me. I see my 30's as a blank canvas ready to be colored, painted, and written all over.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

April Update

Danae's Boyd Park Shoot

First Week of 2015!