My Week on Oahu | Hawaii Photography

How do you describe one of the most beautiful places you've ever seen?

I've been home now from Hawaii for nearly a month. I've had some time to mentally process the experiences, and to digitally process the images. And I can say this...

There is something magical about Hawaii.

While I only spent a week on the island of Oahu, we really made the most of the time we had. We witnessed sunrises and sunsets from Waikiki beach. We climbed the heights of Diamond Head, Koko Head, and Crouching Lion. And perhaps my favorite, got to see one of the most spiritual sunsets at one of the iconic surf beaches in the world, Banzai Pipeline.

The landscape is lush and green. And the water blue and inviting. Where else can you count on seeing a rainbow every single day?

I also have to give a shout out to Finding Ithaka and her blog post, If I had one week on Oahu. Most of what we did was inspired by this list. It was spot on!

We also used an app called Turo to rent a car for a couple days. Turo allows people who have extra cars to allow people to rent them when they are not being used! It's way cheaper than going through one of the big name rental car places on the island. We were able to go up to the north shore for a couple days, which was probably my favorite part of the island.

My wife and I were so moved by the beauty of this place, we are considering a relocation. Eeek! I don't know what the future will bring, but we were forever changed by this magical place in the middle of the Pacific Ocean.


Getting to shoot some water photography at Waimea Bay was incredible!


Morning commute at Hanauma Bay :-)


The incredible view from the top of Koko Head!



Taking advantage of jet lag and waking up for sunrise at Waikiki Beach.


Magical sunrise from the top of Diamond Head.


Pano of the sunrise from Diamond Head. 


Amazing island sunset :-)


Sunset over Waikiki Beach!


Manoa Falls! A very easy and close hike to Honolulu. 


On top of Crouching Lion lookout! Such an epic hike!


Pano from the top of Crouching lion as the sun started to break through the clouds!


Coming back down...


Getting to watch the sunset over Banzai Pipeline...one of the best experiences of my life. 


Thank you Hawaii for all the beauty! Mahalo!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

April Update

Danae's Boyd Park Shoot

First Week of 2015!