Woohoo! First blog post!

A couple of really awesome things happened over the weekend...

First off, I pulled the trigger on a new Canon 6D camera! Thanks to some great holiday deals and some help from the wifey, I am now the proud owner of a full frame DSLR! I must say, I will miss my Rebel. After 5 years of use, it was practically an extension of my arm. But it was truly on its last legs. It has gotten me through many firsts as a photographer. I'm glad I got to say a proper goodbye at the camera shop :-)
















Secondly, I had the opportunity to photograph my friend Kathleen's family at their house. It was the perfect opportunity to take the new camera out for a spin! I'm always honored when people invite me to their house to take photos. The fact that people trust me enough to enter their homes and intimate moments in their lives is really a gift.

I had a blast! The Renners were great and the young ones were super cute! And I was reminded of the difficulties and nuances of photographing young children! I worked for a school portrait company for about a year. Trying to get a young child to smile, look at the camera, and sit up straight all at the same time sometimes feels like playing whack a mole.















What a weekend! I am super grateful for this new path that I have chosen! Thank you to all those who have supported me so far!

I wish everybody a healthy, happy, and safe holiday season! I hope it is filled with love and laughter for you all!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

April Update

Danae's Boyd Park Shoot

First Week of 2015!